Wednesday, November 5, 2008

proud to be an american!

For the first time in my life, I feel proud that my country has done something good. Berkeley was a mad house - people dancing, kissing, loving each other in the streets. It reminded me of that scene in Its a Wonderful Life when George Bailey is running down Main Street telling everyone in the town that he loves them.

The most touching moment of the night for me, aside from Obama's speech, was when a black minister from Alabama was interviewed on CNN. In response to the question, "How are you feeling at this moment," he said, "I've been blessed for my life." He went on to say that he had protested in Selma, been hosed down in the streets for non-violently protesting. Now he had voted for a black candidate and won. I loved what he said. The simplicity of "I've been blessed for my life" said so much. 

Congrats America!!!

here is a link that i really enjoyed. it's called "Obama Wins:: Why All Americans Have a Reason to Celebrate."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/obama-wins-why-all-americ_b_141159.html

No comments: